Makes 10 cupcakes
50 gm butter (melted)
90 gm sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
130 gm flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ cup milk
1 banana, mashed
¼ cup chocolate chip
...the redneck eats well, here are some of our favourite tried and tested recipes.
A fudge that is rich and creamy. If you have a sweet tooth, you will like this treat. I normally double the recipe. Great as a Christmas gift.
Makes about 36 pieces
3½ cup white sugar
3 Tbsp golden syrup
½ tsp salt
200g sweetened condensed milk (½ a standard can)
2 tsp vanilla essence
1. Place all ingredients except the vanilla in a medium-heavy saucepan.
2. Warm over a gentle heat until the sugar has dissolved.
3. Bring to a gentle boil and cook for 15-20 minutes until it reaches the soft-ball stage* (120C)
4. Remove from the heat and add the vanilla
5. Beat (I use a electric mixer) until the fudge is creamy and thick and has lost its gloss.
6. Pour into a greased 20cm cake tin (I use a tray).