Trawling the net, I came upon these Asian flavoured lamb shanks. This was more my cup of tea. The flavours were really good and the meat literally fell off the bone.
3 lamb shanks
4 Tbsp soy sauce
5 slices ginger
2 star anise
4 cloves garlic, smashed
1 Tbsp sugar
1 tsp white vinegar or 2 tsp rice vinegar
1. Put all the ingredients except vinegar into the pressure cooker.
2. Pressure cook for 30 minutes or until the meat is tender.
3. With the lid off, boil to reduce and thicken the sauce. Turn the shanks over often. Add vinegar. Season with salt if required.
4. Remove the shanks from the sauce and grill/broil for 5-10 minutes to brown the meat. This process is optional.
5. Pour the sauce over the lamb shanks and serve with rice or noodles.