These noodles are yummy as 'kon loh mee' (noodle without soup). They are silky smooth and once you have tried them you will not want to go back to eating instant noodles.
Serves 2 person
175gm bread (high grade) flour
1 tsp salt
1 tsp lye water
1 egg yolk (reduce amount of water accordingly)
1. Add salt and water to flour and mix with a fork to form a ball.
2. Knead lightly (at this stage dough does not have to be too smooth).
3. Cover and rest dough for 20-30 minutes.
4. Knead dough until smooth ( I fold and roll it through the widest setting on the pasta machine a few times until dough is smooth)
5. Divide dough into 2 portions. Dust with tapioca or plain flour.
6. Roll dough through pasta machine to the required thickness and length.
7. Cut noodles through spaghetti cutter to the required size.
8. Hang up the noodles .
9. Boil and use as required example for kon loh char siew meen (bbq pork noodles).
To cook : Add to boiling water. These noodles cooks very quickly - do not overcook or else it will be too soft
Use lye water (purchased from Asian Stores), sparingly as some people find the smell unpleasant.