Alcoholic muffin anyone! Nice soft texture with a distinct brandy taste. Make them into mini sizes and these chocolate brandy muffins will be a great accompaniment with after dinner coffee. Freezes well too.
Makes 12 muffins or 24 minis
160 gm flour
2 tsp baking powder
3 Tbsp cocoa
75 gm sugar
¼ cup or 35 gm chocolate chips
75 gm melted butter
125 ml milk
2 Tbsp brandy
choc chip for topping (optional)
1. Preheat oven to 200C.
2. Sift together flour, baking powder and cocoa. Add in sugar and chocolate chips.
3. Whisk together butter, milk, egg and brandy. Add to the dry ingredients.
4. Mix lightly until just combined (maximum of 10 strokes).
5. Spoon the mixture into the prepared muffin cases. Sprinkle top with additional choc chips.
6. Bake for 12-15 minutes at 200C or until a skewer inserted into the center of the muffin comes out clean.
Recipe : Edmonds Muffins, Breads, Biscuits & Slices Book