I usually do not ice or glaze my cupcakes (healthier on the waistline) but since I had lots of passionfruits from my plant, I decided to do a thin glazing on these muffin size carrot cakes. These are adapted from my previous mini carrot cake but have reduced the sugar to compensate for the additional glazing.
As we do not eat the whole batch of cakes at one sitting, this individual mini size cakes are more convenient to freeze and defrost for future tea breaks.
Makes 12 cupcakes
160 gm sugar
½ cup oil
1½ cup grated carrot
125 gm flour
1 tsp cinnamon
1 tsp baking powder
1 tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
¼ cup chopped walnuts (optional)
1¼ cup icing sugar
2 passion fruit
1. Beat sugar, oil and eggs until well mixed.
2. Fold in all the other ingredients.
3. Pour into paper cases or directly into muffin tins.
4. Place a few walnut pieces on top of the batter.
5. Bake at 180 degrees for 15-20 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.