Sunday, January 02, 2011

Mini Ham and Egg Tarts

HAPPY NEW YEAR to all my family, friends and fellow bloggers !

May the year 2011 bring us everything we wish for. I don't know about you but I am sure glad to see the back of 2010 !

Little ham and egg tartlets are always a hit. In fact anything to do with pastry are crowd pullers. Every time I have pastry leftover from a pie, I keep it all together in the freezer in a ziplock bag. And once in a while to use it up, I make these little tarts. It is versatile in the sense, you can use whatever you have in your pantry, freezer or garden.

I would like to thank everyone for all their messages during my hiatus from blogging.

mini ham and egg tartlet

Ingredients :
Liquids (enough to make 20 small plus 1-11cm tart) :
3 large eggs
200ml milk
100 ml cream
black pepper
sprinkling of salt
dry mixed herbs


2 thick slice ham steak (cut to small pieces)
chives
parsley
dehydrated tomatoes

Quick Flaky Pastry

Method :
1. Follow the steps on making the flaky pastry here. Roll out on a floured board to make thin rounds to fit your pie moulds.


2. Fill the mould with ham, chives or whatever you fancy.



We have here ham, chives, parsley and dehydrated tomatoes.



3. Mix the liquid ingredients together, season and pour onto pastry.



Do not fill to the very top.


4. Bake in a preheated oven at 210C for 10-20 minutes until the pastry is golden brown and the filling set.




Tip :
1. If using bacon use less salt as bacon can be quite salty. Same goes for cheese.

2. Try not to fill the pastry to the top as this will make the mixture overflow during baking, making the pastry stick to the mould.

Note :
1. If you like cheese, sprinkle some on top before baking.

2. My dehydrated tomatoes are from a few year ago when I had a bumper crop of tomatoes. The dehydrated tomatoes have been sitting in my freezer. Very handy to have to add to sauces, pizza etc.

14 Comments:

Claire said...

Dear Sinner,

I have been a fan of your blog for the longest time, and wow, what a fantastic start to the new year to see you blogging again!

Cheers,
Claire

Anonymous said...

Glad you are back! Looking forward to see many new recipes from you.
Regards,
Shereen

Delphine said...

Hi Sinner,

So happy to see you back to blogging, Happy New Year to you & Family.

Tricia said...

Welcome back Sinner! Really been missing your postings!

Hmmm...more to add to my CNY collections!!!

Thanks for sharing!

Elin Chia said...

I love savoury tarts and yours looks delish ! I will definitely try this out and thank you for sharing the recipe :) Happy 2011 to you ..may it brings you joy, peace and more cooking too :)

Unknown said...

Hi,
Great to hear that you are back from the break. Have a wonderful new year and hope to see great sharing from you ! :)

backyana said...

Happy new Year! Thank god you are back again!

Alannia said...

Hi Sinner,

Glad to see you back. Have you 'conquered' all the games in your console? :)

Sinner said...

Thanks guys for all your lovely comments.

Haha Alannia. I wish.... !!

Anonymous said...

Hi Sinner

Great to see you back! :-).

Artchoo6

mycookinghut said...

I m looking forward to see more recipes!!

Delphine said...

Hi Sinner,
Wishing You & Family A Very Happy Chinese New Year & Good Wishes Too!Gong Xi Fa Cai!

Sinner said...

Hi Artchoo6 and mycookinghut - thanks for dropping by.

Gong Xi Fa Cai to you too, Delphine.

Unknown said...

I become a fan in 2016. Nice job you done in 2011!

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs