These walnuts are delicious and super easy to make.. Even though they are fried they do not have that greasy or oily taste. Walnut is very rich in Omega-3 fatty acids with a lot of other health benefits which includes reducing blood cholestrol. 6. Remove and drain well.
Redneck ate these decades ago when we were in Hong Kong. It must have made an impression because he still remembers eating it.
250g walnut halves
3/4 cup honey
1 Tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp soy sauce
castor sugar for coating
1. Combine honey, lemon juice and soy sauce.
2. Add walnuts. Allow to stand for 2 hours stirring occassionally.
3. Drain walnuts.
4. Toss in castor sugar coating well.
5. Cook walnuts in hot oil until golden.
7. Cool completely before eating. Store in airtight containers in the fridge.
Note : It is very important to buy very fresh walnuts. I try not to buy the pre-packaged ones from the supermarket. I buy mine in loose lots from an Indian shop nearby.
Tip : Leftover honey mix can be kept frozen for another batch or used for cooking.
Recipe : Recipe book source unknown
6. Remove and drain well.