Makes : 7 small containers
Water, enough to cover sago
200g Gula Melaka
Coconut Milk to serve
1) Fill a pot 3/4 with water and bring to boil.
2) Pour sago into boiling water and stir continuously while cooking.
3) Boil on medium heat for 20 mintues.
4) Turn the fire off and place cover over the pot. Let sago 'cook' in the pot for another 10 mintues.
5) Remove the cover and give sago a stir to check all had become transparent.
6) Pour sago over a sieve and rinse under cold water till thoroughly cooled.
7) Scope sago and place into moulds / bowls. Keep chilled in fridge.
8) Chop gula melaka into pieces. Place in a pot with water and boil till dissolved. Leave to cool.
9) Serve sago pudding with cooled gula melaka syrup and coconut milk.
1. I used the bigger sago which took a longer boiling time(20-25 minutes) before it became completely transparent.
2. If using the small sago, it should only take 10 minutes of boiling.
3. As I am cholestrol conscious, I did not serve mine with coconut milk. It was just as delicious.
4. Instead of boiling the gula melaka over a stove, the microwave can be used.
Tuesday, May 30, 2006
I saw a picture of this dessert from irenechin's blog and wanted to try it at once. It looked so inviting and refreshing. A very simple and easy dessert to make as it only involves boiling the sago and putting it into moulds.