We love plum sauce. We use a lot of it for dipping or for marinating. This plum sauce roast chicken is another favourite easy and simple dish.
1.3 kg whole chicken
3 Tbsp sugar
3 pcs cloves
1 pc star anise
1 pc cinnamon stick
5 Tbsp plum sauce
5 Tbsp water
1. Heat up a saucepan on medium heat and stir sugar until it dissolves. Add the herbs.
2. With the heat on low, add the plum sauce and water and boil gently for a few minutes.
3. Pour the sauce over the chicken and let marinade for at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.
4. Preheat oven to 170C. Truss the chicken for roasting on the rotisserie or bake chicken on a roasting rack. Roast for 1 hour or until cooked.
5. Remove chicken and cut to bite size.
6. Serve chicken with some plum sauce for dipping.
Tip : Do not throw away leftover marinade. Boil , freeze and reuse for your next plum sauce chicken.
Recipe : gina @kichencaper (adapted)