Friday, December 01, 2006

Plum Sauce Roast Chicken

We love plum sauce. We use a lot of it for dipping or for marinating. This plum sauce roast chicken is another favourite easy and simple dish.


Ingredients
1.3 kg whole chicken
3 Tbsp sugar
3 pcs cloves
1 pc star anise
1 pc cinnamon stick


5 Tbsp plum sauce
5 Tbsp water

Method
1. Heat up a saucepan on medium heat and stir sugar until it dissolves. Add the herbs.
2. With the heat on low, add the plum sauce and water and boil gently for a few minutes.
3. Pour the sauce over the chicken and let marinade for at least 4 hours or overnight in the fridge.

4. Preheat oven to 170C. Truss the chicken for roasting on the rotisserie or bake chicken on a roasting rack. Roast for 1 hour or until cooked
.
5. Remove chicken and cut to bite size.
6. Serve chicken with some plum sauce for dipping.


Tip : Do not throw away leftover marinade. Boil , freeze and reuse for your next plum sauce chicken.

Recipe : gina @kichencaper (adapted)

5 Comments:

Anonymous said...

this recipe is good. I cut the chicken into big pieces and marinate. forgot to see the tip and threw away the marinade.

Sinner said...

Delia, glad you like the chicken. Thanks for the feedback.

sookiemac said...

Hi Sinner,
made this chicken dish for dinner tonight. I must say the marinade gives the chicken not only a subtle plum flavour but fantastic colour. My hubby loved it. I had 2 pieces, 2 pieces go into his lunchbox and he ate the rest! And the cornfed chicken I bought to do a prawncrust fry for tomorrow will now be plum sauce roast chicken again - thanks for another winning recipe. My Thursday mahjong kakis enjoyed the tff with boiled peanut topping. Spent several hrs making 6 kgs of beetroot pickle - if you want a great recipe look up sally wise. cheers!

Sinner said...

Hi sookiemac,
My mouth is watering just thinking of your plum sauce chicken. lol So glad you and your hubby likes this dish as well !

Boiled peanut topping...that is one topping I have never tried.

Both of us are unfortunately not a fan of beetroot. However we love our zuchinni pickle and zuchinni relish. Each season I bottle kgs of it as we go through it so fast.

Have you thought of making okara into some sort of vadai's. I have never tried it but it sounds delicious.

sookiemac said...

Hi Sinner,
Just looked up vadai and I think your suggestion will work well - I remember having them with fresh green chilli, yum. On the subject of tff toppings, there's a little soy cafe I know who uses all kinds of toppings, adzuki, kidney beans, green bean and fruits and jellies. Adzuki and peanut were my favourites.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs