Tuesday, January 01, 2008

Mint Sauce

I bought a small mint plant to make ice cream. Unfortunately the plant started developing rust so had to strip it of its leaves. Now I know why I don't have mint in my garden even though it is suppose to grow like weeds.

With a pile of non 'rusty' leaves I decided to try my hand at making mint sauce. Mint sauce and lamb is not my cup of tea but Mr Redneck like his with it. Didn't realise it was that easy to make. The sauce will keep for a few months in the fridge.

Homemade Mint Sauce
Ingredients
1 cup (45gm) mint
2 Tbsp water
1 cup malt vinegar
3½ Tbsp sugar

Method
1. Rinse the mint leaves and discard stalk.
2. Chop the leaves. I whizzed mine with the Amazing Bullet.
3. In a pot simmer the vinegar, water and sugar.
4. Add the chopped mint and remove from the heat.
5. Pour into sterilised bottles and keep in the fridge.

Bottled Mint Sauce

7 Comments:

Unknown said...

Happy New Year my friend! Hope you'll have a rewarding year ahead :)

Sinner said...

Happy New Year to you too Angie. Hope you have a more relaxing year :)

jadepearl said...

Happy New Year 2008!
May the year of the Rat brings you and your family more joy, love, happiness and prosperity!!!
Love your blog! :)

island said...

hi, is there a difference if i use apple cidar or just white vinegar for this recipe?

Sinner said...

Hi island,
You can use apple cider vinegar for this. Can't tell you what the taste difference would be as apple cider vinegar is not cheap here.

Mary said...

Does this sauce turn black or hold it's color?

Sinner said...

It hold its colour.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs