This was my mother's favourite way of cooking prawns and is an exceptionally quick and easy dish to cook. The prawns are cooked with ginger juice.
300gm raw prawns
½ onion, sliced thickly
1 clove garlic, chopped
1 Tbsp oil
1 tsp soy sauce
1 tsp cooking wine
1 tsp fish sauce
Cornflour solution : 1 tsp cornflour + 1Tbsp water (optional)
1. Pound the ginger to extract 1 tablespoon pure juice. Add water to squeeze out another 50ml diluted ginger juice. Set aside. Discard the crushed ginger.
2. Heat oil in wok and saute onion and garlic for a minute.
3. Add prawns and cook until prawns turn slightly pink.
4. Add the pure ginger juice and the rest of the seasoning. Stir fry quickly.
5. Add the diluted ginger juice. Bring to a quick boil. Taste and season. For a thicker sauce, dribble in a little cornflour solution slowly.
6. Garnish. Serve with rice.