1 chicken 1½ kg
1 Tbsp honey
1 Tbsp hoisin sauce
2 tsp hoisin sauce
1 tsp salt
Dipping Sauce (Optional)
2 tsp oil
½ onion, sliced
1 tsp garlic
3 Tbsp hoisin sauce
2 Tbsp water
1. Rub the marinate all over the chicken.
2. Marinate the chicken for at least 1 hour.
3. Before roasting, rub the honey and remaining hoisin sauce over the skin of the chicken.
4. Roast in preheated oven 180C for 1hour 15mins or till skin is lightly browned.
5. To prepare the dipping sauce, brown onion and garlic in a little oil. Add hoisin sauce and water and bring to boil.
6. Cut chicken and serve with dipping sauce.
If using a convection oven, bake at 180C for 45 minutes.
Wednesday, May 03, 2006