225g flour or cake flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
½ tsp salt
85g unsalted butter, cut into pieces
2 eggs, beaten
1 cup (240ml) nonfat unsweetened yoghurt
grated zest from 1 large orange
¼ tsp orange oil/orange essence
100g fresh blueberries, wash and pat dry
2 Tbsp chocolate chips
2 Tbsp raisins or sultanas
1) Preheat oven to 180C and grease or line a 12-cup muffin tin.
2) Sift together flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
3) Cream the butter for about 1 min to soften. Gradually sugar and beat until light and creamy. Dribble in eggs slowly, about 1 tbsp at a time, beating constantly for about 2 mins.
4) On LOW speed, beat in 1/3 of the flour mixture until just combined. Beat in ½ of the yoghurt. Then beat in ½ of the remaining flour mixture, followed by the remaining yoghurt, orange oil and zest. Finally beat in the remaining flour mixture.
5) Fold in the blueberries, chocolate chips and raisins.
6) Divide the batter evenly between the muffin cups.
7) Bake for about 25 - 30 mins till skewer inserted comes out clean.
8)Cool in pan for 5 mins. Unmold and cool completely to get a 'erupting' cupcake (from the blueberries).
Recipe : coxiella @kitchencaper(adapted)
Tuesday, May 09, 2006
I have baked this orange blueberry cupcakes before but without the chocolate chips and raisins. This time I wanted to find out whether the texture of the cupcake will still be as soft using plain flour instead of cake flour. I am glad to say it did not make any difference to the texture. These cupcakes should be quite healthy as it uses yoghurt.