My lazy way of cooking curry is usually with a curry powder. But making the homemade red curry paste from scratch looked easy enough so decided to give it a try and it taste great. This paste have given the curry gravy such a nice reddish colour and smells divine. I like my curry with plenty of gravy and this was lovely with rice and there was plenty to dip with naan or roti chanai.
1.2 kg chicken pieces
6 potatoes (skin off)
2 big onions (blend to a paste)
2 Tbsp homemade red curry paste
150 ml coconut milk
200 ml water
1 tsp salt
dash of sugar
2 Tbsp cooking oil
1. Heat oil in pan and saute potatoes for a few minutes. Remove and set aside.
2. Add onions and red curry paste to pan. Fry until fragrant .
3. Add chicken and cook for 5 minutes. Add potatoes, coconut milk and water.
4. Simmer on low heat until chicken and potato is cooked.
5. Add salt and sugar to taste.
1. If you are not too worried about cholestrol or calories, substitute the water for more coconut milk and omit the sugar.