Thursday, December 18, 2008

Fresh Strawberry Rosemary Muffins

Fresh strawberry and rosemary in a muffin....I have never tasted that combination before. I was a bit hesitant but thought I would brave it.

When I took it out of the oven it had a banana fragrance. Even Mr Redneck asked me whether I made banana muffins. Maybe it was the rosemary combined with the strawberry which made it smell like it had banana in it. But whatever the fragrance, the muffin was moist the crumb soft and tender.

Definitely worth making especially since strawberries are in season. The strawberries and rosemary are fresh from my own garden.


Makes 18 muffins

Ingredients
185ml yoghurt
2 eggs
185ml oil or melted butter
1 tsp vanilla extract


260 gm plain flour
3 tsp baking powder
½ tsp salt
1 tsp baking soda
100gm sugar
1 Tbsp rosemary, finely chopped

1 cup strawberry, sliced

Method
1. Mix together yoghurt, eggs, oil and vanilla extract.

2. Sieve flour, baking powder, salt and baking soda into a separate container. Add in the sugar and rosemary.

3. Gently stir the liquid ingredients to the dry ingredients. Stir until just combined.

4. Add in the strawberries. Stir.

5. Scoop to grease muffin tins or cupcases.

6. Bake at 190C for 10-15 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.

Fresh strawberry rosemary muffin
Note : I used canola oil instead of butter.

Tip : Please watch Jill S Hough's video on making this muffin.
(Update 1.3.2009 : The video is no longer available as Copia have closed.)

Recipe : Copyright Jill Silverman Hough. All rights reserved.

7 Comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Sinner - thanks for posting my recipe! (And thanks to Google Alerts for finding it!) I'm glad you enjoyed it. Would you mind including my copyright in the recipe? (It actually doesn't belong to COPIA, it belongs to me.) Something like "Copyright Jill Silverman Hough. All rights reserved."? If you like, you could also link to my web site - www.jillhough.com. Thanks! And thanks for trying the muffins! Hope you're having a great holiday season - Jill

Sinner said...

Hi Jill,
Entry amended. Your video was a great tutorial in how to make soft muffins. Thanks for sharing your recipe :)
You have a great holiday too.

Anonymous said...

Thank you SOOOO much! Happy cooking! Jill

Tummythoz said...

Found you googling for braised peanuts. Wow! Plenty of good receipes with easy to get ingredients. I'll b stalking. =D

Sinner said...

Welcome Tummythoz.
You can stalk my blog anytime ;)

Anonymous said...

Wishing you and your family 2009!!

Sinner said...

Happy New Year Tricia. All the best for 2009 !

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs