This is one of those really easy one pot meals where everything is thrown and cook together. Really delicious and full of flavour. One of our favourites and very moreish....
250g raw rice (washed & drained)
1 tsp sliced young ginger
4 chicken thighs or breast (cut into bite sizes)
1 pcs chinese sausages (sliced & pan fried till crispy)
2 tbsp pan fried salted fish (chopped finely)
2 tbsp Fish Sauce
2 tbsp sugar
½ tbsp Sesame oil
1 tbsp Dark Soya Sauce
2 tbsp cooking oil
1. Use a large claypot, add 2 tbsp of oil to heat up.
2. Add ginger slices to stir fry till fragant.
3. Add chicken parts and stir fry.
4. Add all the seasonings and 120ml of water.
5. Cooked the chicken, covered for 10 mins.
6. Add washed rice and rest of water (280ml).
8. Stir to mix evenly.
9. Cover the pot and simmer on low heat for 30 mins or until rice is cook.
10. Garnish with spring onions, toasted onions, chinese sausage. Cover and cook for another 5 minutes using medium fire.
12. Just before serving, sprinkle chopped salted fish on top.
Note : Chicken may be substituted with pork.