We disagree as to which dish is best so one day we will cook both sauces and do a ‘taste test’. I hope the people who commented on Sinner's recipe will also try my version. As with all sauces the cook should taste and tweak to suit prior to serving. If it is not lemony enough add more zest or if it is too thick add more water.
6 pcs drumstick
1 Tbsp chinese cooking wine
1½ Tbsp light soya sauce
100 gm cornflour
50 gm rice flour
¾ cup water
¼ cup fresh lemon juice
1¾ Tbsp brown sugar
1¼ Tbsp honey
1 tsp chicken stock granules
1/8 tsp chopped ginger (or more if desired)
1½ Tbsp cornflour
grated lemon zest from one lemon
1. Marinate chicken with the soy sauce and chinese cooking wine for at least 4 hours (best overnight).
2. Coat chicken with the flour combination. Set aside for 15 minutes.
3. Heat up wok with enough oil for deep frying.
4. Deep fry chicken until cooked and golden brown.
5. In a small pot, add in all the lemon sauce ingredients bring to boil and simmer gently.
6. If lemon sauce is too thick, add a bit more water.
7. Pour sauce over chicken and serve immediately.
Lemon Sauce Recipe : CD Kitchen