I learn this method of pre-soaking the bee hoon in soya sauce from kc. I find this makes the beehoon tastier and is an easier way to fry beehoon.
250gm bee hoon (rice vermicelli)
1 tsp dark soya sauce
2 Tbsp light soya sauce
1 tsp sesame oil
1 Tbsp fish sauce
2 tsp sweet soy sauce (kecap manis)
10 raw prawns
100g char siew (optional)
1 bunch choy sum
1 egg, beaten (optional)
1 Tbsp cooking oil
1 Tbsp garlic
salt and pepper to taste
1. Soak beehoon with water to soften it slightly. Drain.
2. Add Seasoning A to the beehoon to soak for ½ hour or till soft.
3. Heat oil, add garlic and prawns, fry until prawns turn pink.
4. Add choy sum and fish cake. Stir to mix for a few seconds.
5. Add beehoon including the liquid and Seasoning B. Add the beaten egg on top. Cover for a minute.
6. Stir fry until evenly mixed.
7. Serve immediately. Garnish with fried spring onions.