This choc banana cake is nice and soft with a lovely banana flavour. The recipe is from my niece Jessica who baked it in her cookery class in school. When it comes to icing I believe in the minimalist approach as cakes by itself is already full of calories without topping it with even more.
Makes 10 cupcakes
50 gm butter (melted)
90 gm sugar
1 tsp vanilla essence
130 gm flour
1 tsp baking powder
½ tsp baking soda
¼ cup milk
1 banana, mashed
¼ cup chocolate chip
1. Sift flour, baking powder and baking soda into a bowl.
2. Add sugar, egg and vanilla essence to the melted butter and beat well.
3. Add in the rest of the other ingredients and mix thoroughly. Add the milk and choc chip last.
4. Divide and spoon into 10 cupcake cases.
5. Bake in a preheated oven at 180C for 10 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Note : Double the recipe to make into a cake and increase baking time.
Recipe : Jessica