Monday, April 17, 2006

Chee Cheong Fun with Thim Cheong ~ steam rice rolls w' sweet sauce

It looked easy when I was watching the hawkers make it but actually cooking it at home is another matter. It is quite difficult and require patience especially for the home cooks as we do not have the special long trays which makes the task of steaming quite a long and tedious one. But it was well worth it especially since I could not just go to the shops and order a plate. I followed a recipe posted by cwl in kc.

This plate of chee cheong fun is actually my second attempt. My first attempt was a complete disaster. I was determined to succeed in making this, so read all the tips I could get my hands on. It paid off......

I would like to attempt this chee cheong fun again before I post the recipe.

This was the improvised cooking utensils I used to cook the chee cheong fun. A thin layer of the batter is poured onto the wet cloth and steamed for 4-5 minutes and then rolled.



Updated on 29-9-06 : Recipe posted here

3 Comments:

Sinner said...

Ming

I have posted the recipe. Have fun.

lady lavender said...

Sinner you are amazing...my favourite with chee cheong fun is with fu chok, and fish ball...with the sauce over..yum!!

Sinner said...

Hi Lady lavender,

Kong Hei Fatt Choy to you. You are too flattering. lol

Me, I like it with chu pei curry.

LinkWithin Related Stories Widget for Blogs